Enjoy an afternoon of delicious food, cooking demonstrations and workshops designed to unite all neighborhoods of the Chicagoland community. Hosted by food magazine, Native Tongue, The Chopping Block, and Green City Market, this hands-on culinary experience guides attendees through the home-cooking cycle, from grocery shopping to meal preparation, to introduce healthy eating at home.
The workshop includes the following learning stations:
- A-LIST: Get the Most from your Grocery List
- PICKERS CAN BE CHOOSERS: Tips in Choosing Produce
- QUICK AND EASY: Healthy Meals in Little Time
- CHOPPIN’ LIKE KARATE: Knife Skills
- HEAT: The Art of Sautéing
- DO IT FOR THE ‘GRAM: Plating and Food Photography
- PICASSO BABY: Children’s Paint Stamp Craft Table
Funds from this event will support magazine distribution in Native Tongue's effort to make good food and healthy eating accessible to all. Additionally, 10% proceeds of all purchases from The Chopping Block will benefit Native Tongue.
For each person in attendance, Native Tongue will contribute a copy of our Spring 2017 issue to families in need at KIPP Charter Schools. 10% proceeds of all purchases from The Chopping Block will go to Native Tongue as well.